Username:  
Password:     
Register Help Member List Calendar View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

MENU - Fancy-Standard (Suggestion) snapshot
05-29-2015, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 02:39 AM by DingBEN.)
MENU - Fancy-Standard (Suggestion) snapshot
Moved this text from other post(xyz handles)
and while I am playing I realize that the MeshMaker menu I use little, thus could be off the screen.

On my installation the MeshMaker(Master Menu) came under the Unity Windows dropdown as MeshMaker.

Why not get rid of the fancy menu that minimizes automatically and constantly ends up overlaying the Mesh Editor anyway.
and move the MeshMaker Master Option parallel to the Unity Window dropdown instead below it.
Then we are on unused open real-estate, nothing on the screen, just as easy to access, consistent with the Unity interface.

05-29-2015, 09:30 PM,
RE: MENU - Fancy-Standard (Suggestion) snapshot
I agree that the menu should be moved out from the Unity Window dropdown to its own position on the menu. In Mesh Maker 2 ™ there will be a choice of settings for the floating menu including on/off, flashing on/off, color, position, style, etc. As it is now, it shouldn't overlap the Mesh Editor menu as that menu should be positioned on the right side of the scene view window by default. I don't know why I'm sold on the floating menu but I've also had positive feedback from people using it so I'd like to keep it as an option.

As I might have already mentioned, the Mesh Editor will come with a choice of a standard window or modern window. The standard window will look like a normal tabbed window but the modern window will consist of a pop up array of buttons which will also float over the scene view window similar to the Mesh Maker menu, but with smaller iconic buttons, better layout and overall look.

Thanks for reminding me to move the standard menu as that's something I've been meaning to do for quite a while.
Al.
05-30-2015, 06:31 AM,
RE: MENU - Fancy-Standard (Suggestion) snapshot
I have to emphasize here...

1. Good the -- floating self-minimizing master menu -- will be an option that can be turned OFF(default), but much work for you to track 2 sets of menus
Mine will never be ON.

2. The Mesh Editor floating stacked-menu, finds itself in the way, no matter how many times it is slung around.
- the IFFY middle mouse(3) to move it is cumbersome, throws the mouse hand off balance, what's wrong with button(1)!?
- menu options buttons too thin, hell to deal with on rapid editing
- Would make it a 1 line menu across the bottom of the screen default, with taller(50% at least) buttons(less wide), and a snap button(first one on right)
to snap the menu directly to top or bottom of screen, no dragging needed, no middle button fanciness, always snapped to perfect tight fit, no g'estimating.

3. Keep the current float stacked-menu with thin 'iffies' for the fancy menu lovers, if they like it so much, lucky them.

I have worked with MAC-OS PHAT candy buttons, then their same over-sized translucent versions on Vista, 7 and 8... fanciness.
I always set my Windows menu to the legacy CLASSIC clearly visible scheme with clearly delimited buttons, which do not waste real estate
and are big enough for rapid clicking!

wow... practicality is of the essence! ...and why enough people like me who have that understanding raised hell with Microsoft on WIN8,
to have them bring back much of the WIN7 interface on WIN10. Thankfully they saw their booboo and agreed.
I knew WIN8(I skipped it) was an intermediary step like 98(flop) and Vista, the same XP was better than Vista(skipped that too).
WIN10 will show WIN8 a waste of upgrade.