Username:  
Password:     
Register Help Member List Calendar View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Move/Rotate/Scale xyz handle - Mesh Editor
05-28-2015, 11:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 02:34 AM by DingBEN.)
Move/Rotate/Scale xyz handle - Mesh Editor
ok ran into this more than once and cannot pin-point the exact flow

I created a field of various meshes on a grid, and I kindergarten between all these different concoctions to practice the tools.

I killed both the MeshMaker(exit) and the Mesh Editor and the Mesh Tools so no MeshMaker stuff is present

I used HOTKEY snap to grid and it works ?! just in UNITY...  as it does while the Mesh Maker modules are on
In both scenarios it does not snap accurately - 2 objects end up melting into each other.
But given the object it may!?

While I was in the middle of that I brought up the Mesh Editor ONLY.
and lost the Move/Rotate/Scale xyz handle, no matter what I do(normal mode, etc...)  the handle does not come back.
I killed the Mesh Editor, and restarted it, voila handle is back.
Just mentioning these things, as I know a rewrite is in the works, anything might help make it all tighter.

...Moved text about menu to the 'Menu - Fancy Standard ...' post
05-29-2015, 09:44 PM,
RE: Move/Rotate/Scale xyz handle - Mesh Editor
It is a good time to mention these things before the rewrite is complete. I mentioned in the readme.txt file that the programs may not play nicely together. Often using one at a time is better but the new tool for snapping to grid will be a marked improvement over the current tool.
10-29-2017, 03:12 PM,
RE: Move/Rotate/Scale xyz handle - Mesh Editor
I found this to be true back then. Now it seems like they run together much better.