Username:  
Password:     
Register Help Member List Calendar View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

GRID (snap to) - MeshMaker
05-27-2015, 03:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 12:54 AM by DingBEN.)
GRID (snap to) - MeshMaker
MeshMaker question:
   How is GRID SNAPPING accomplished in the MeshMaker tool?

Note: moved the comments about the FORUM ERRORs to the General section.
05-28-2015, 07:26 PM,
RE: GRID SNAPPING - MeshMaker
To activate this feature open the Mesh Tools program and select Snap To Grid and select the axis you wish to snap to. I've noticed some problems with snap to rotation/scale so this program is also slated for a complete rewrite at the end of June. I may actually create a whole application dedicated to this feature which will come with many new options/features.
05-29-2015, 12:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 01:01 AM by DingBEN.)
RE: GRID SNAPPING - MeshMaker
The grey cube is a Unity Object, using the 'concrete' material

The other cube is pulled from the MeshMaker-Meshes assets using the 'rockface' material

The attached snapshot is taken from below the grid

as you can see the Unity cube lines up on the grid, while the MeshMaker cube fails evenly on all axis

05-29-2015, 09:36 PM,
RE: GRID (snap to) - MeshMaker
I must admit that I rushed the creation of the 60 free meshes. They aren't geometrically accurate as they were created before it was even possible to set point positions manually and they will need to be recreated one day soon. The framework shapes in Geom 2 are geometrically accurate and will make for much better primitives. I was kind of hoping that some kind soul would have sent me new primitives or frameworks by now, hint, hint Wink
05-30-2015, 05:16 AM,
as I explained in my mail, I have found the way to get all objects to snap to GRID correctly via the 0,0,0 reset, MeshMaker in Project or not.
An object just dragged in the scene from the Meshes Folder just inherits weird coordinates,
MOVE to View also messes it all up, but 0,0,0 or 0,.5,0 does the trick waking up the HOTKEY, Move Handle behavior.
06-01-2018, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 12:09 PM by Mepson.)
Quote:as I test link explained in my mail, I have found the way to get all objects to snap to GRID correctly via the 0,0,0 reset, MeshMaker in Project or not.
An object just dragged in the scene from the Meshes Folder just inherits weird coordinates,
MOVE to View also messes it all up, but 0,0,0 or 0,.5,0 does the trick waking up the HOTKEY, Move Handle behavior.

Have these issues been resolved since then? I'm curious since I want to go back to Mesh Tools.
09-19-2018, 08:26 AM,
Geom utilizes a single but surprisingly great method for generating new 2D and 3D screens in Alliance. Designed to make designing geometric forms best assignment writing service as painless as desirable. Ideal for creating custom patterns quickly, or with a bit more experience, very known models.